The Health and Work Community Interest Company, trading as Syngentis, has announced that it will cease trading and close on 28th February 2018.
Syngentis was launched in April 2012 to take forward the work developed by NHS Plus, a Department of Health project to improve the quality and capacity of NHS occupational health services.
The Board of Directors have agreed that a managed closure is the best option for the future of the business and that the assets should be distributed in such a way as to best continue the object to support the health of the working age population to achieve or sustain employment. Therefore, with the support of the CIC Regulator, the Directors have agreed that the residual assets will be distributed to the Faculty of Occupational Medicine and the NHS Health at Work Network.
Yesterday, in a joint press release with the Faculty of Occupational Medicine, the Directors were delighted to announce the agreed transfer of the Management of Health at Work Knowledge (MoHaWK) clinical benchmarking tool to the Faculty of Occupational Medicine, to sit alongside the national SEQOHS accreditation scheme. This will provide the Faculty with a comprehensive quality approach as the owner of the two key tools in the market place. Both our organisations were also pleased to confirm that Hilary Winch, who has led MoHaWK over the past 5 years as Director of Nursing and Quality with Syngentis, will be continuing to lead the development and delivery of MoHaWK on behalf of the Faculty.
The Directors are also delighted to announce that Andrew Gilbey and Wendy Coleman [Network Manager and Network Administrator respectively], will be continuing their association with the NHS Health at Work Network beyond 28th February, on a part-time, self-employed basis. In addition, Andrew will be establishing his own occupational health consultancy business.
The Syngentis team is proud of its achievements over the past 6 years including:
- Developing and delivering an adviceline service to SMEs across England
- Delivery of commercial occupational health contracts through NHS occupational health partners
- Raising the quality of NHS occupational health services – the majority of NHS services are now SEQOHS accredited with our support
- Developing and sustaining the MoHaWK clinical benchmarking service which now has more than 240 registered user organisations across the public and private sectors
- Providing occupational health consultancy support to improve performance across a wide range of public sector organisations
- Supporting the development and management of the highly successful NHS Health at Work Network
The Directors and staff of Syngentis would like to thank all our clients and customers over the past 6 years for your support.